Sunday, January 31, 2016

2016 Goals

I'm posting my 2016 goals for myself here.  I prefer to avoid the term "New Years Resolution."  Goals seem a bit less emotionally-loaded than Resolutions.

Here they are:
  • Financial Goal:  Save $60000 for investments.
  • Personal Skill Goal:  Build backyard garden, grow vegetables, and eat them.
  • Personal Skill Goal:  Repeatedly and reliably figure out how to make fermented juices and ciders (I've already started on this.  It's hasn't worked yet).
  • Personal Skill Goal:  Brew my own beer.
  • I have some Ham Radio Goals posted here.
  • Professional Goal:  Earn qualification as a COR (Contract Officer Representative).
  • Professional Goal:  Complete academic coursework for DAWIA Level II Certification.
  • Professional Goal:  Continue my personal reading program.
  • Write 24 blog posts on this blog and 24 posts on my N0PCL Radio Site.
So far things are on track.  We saved $5658.99 for investing during the month of January, which can be annualized to almost $68k per year!  Which is fine.  I like not just succeeding at goals but outright destroying them.

My gardening goal will wait until spring and summer.

My fermented juice goal has already failed once.  I'm about to try again.  I'll write about that later.  Progress is sometimes uneven.

This should be a great year!  Lots of personal growth and making the tomorrow even better than the today.

No comments:

Post a Comment